пятница, 30 октября 2009 г.

Too worried about tobacco to see alcohol's damage

I thought The Star prided itself on being unbiased, but now I know better. I see the facts, figures and statistics on smoking, but I never see the same things on alcohol. Why is this? Everyone is so worried about the smoking issue but not alcohol abuse. The results of such abuse include higher health-care costs, domestic violence and the devastation to innocent people from drunk driving.
Matthew Tully commented about political issues regarding Mayor Greg Ballard's stand on smoking, but I certainly see more politics concerning alcohol. There is a lot of money involved with alcohol. Advertising is everywhere and the companies sponsor sports, arts and cultural events. What kind of mixed messages are we sending to our youth? Alcohol kills also. Quit blaming so much on tobacco. Let the City-County Council worry about crime for a change.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий